Prosper Ndabishuriye, was born on April 24, 1957; he is General Coordinator and Founder of Jeunesse en Reconstruction du Monde en Destruction(JRMD) - Youth in Reconstruction of a World in Destruction (YRWD).
IWACU KAZOZA SCHOOL
CHANGING LIVES OF UNDERPRIVILEGED CHILDREN IN BURUNDI
In a remote part of the little known country of Burundi a school by the name of Iwacu Kazoza is changing the lives of some 500 students each year who would either have no education or have to walk hours to the nearest school. Chief of Ruhagarika Village where the school is located, Mr.
Home Building Project
As you know, Peace Education is not possible for people who do not have a place to live. There is NO way to promote peace, reconciliation, education, development, safety, and health among families who do not have a home.
Supplying Water To Iwacu Kazoza School And The Surrounding Community
The key strategy to achieving this goal is to train people in the village/community to make bio-sand water filters and teach them sanitation and hygiene, with the help of our BioSand Water Filter Making and Training Mobile Team.
A JOURNEY OF 27 YEARS
27 YEARS OF SHOWING AND SHARING COMPASSION IN ACTION
We started this journey of showing and sharing our solidarity and Compassion in Action in 1994, during the time when Hutu and Tutsi were killing each other and could not live together as they used to be before the war escalated; with the objective to promote peace and reconciliation in a divided nation, through sharing Christ’s Love and Compassion in Action.
For the last 27 years, JRMD, with its Partners and friends and friends of friends, changed the face of millions of Burundians; giving hope and smiles to Burundi. With donations from our partners and friends, and friends of friends we have accomplished the following:
- We promoted peace and reconciliation all over the country of Burundi in a divided nation and community.
- We organized a historical Youth Congress which gathered over 1,000 delegates from different countries of Africa.
- We organized three day youth activities in which over 5,000 young people participated actively to clean the City of Bujumbura.
- We built 3,271 houses for 3,271 families, living in different locations and provinces of Burundi.
- We sponsored thousands of children with school materials who could not go to school.
- Conferences and workshops related to peace-building and reconciliation were organized for church leaders and lay people.
- We built an additional 40 houses for 40 families, in 40 days with funds raised in 40 days.
We built 150 houses for 150 families in 15 days.
Many other different projects were undertaken, such as Goat Project, Women Farming Project, Micro-lending Project, Africa America Exchange Project, etc.
We built Iwacu Kazoza School at Ruhagarika Village, in Cibitoke province and an orphanage is currently under construction.
During our Journey of 27 years, thousands of people realized and believed that Jesus-Christ is the foundation of peace and reconciliation.
The work of bringing healing and hope to a wounded community, through sharing Christ’s Love and Compassion continues. This is being done by joining hands together with our partners and friends, and friends of friends.
To donate, please make a check to: FSN/JRMD, then mail it to 7019 47th Ave SW Unit 5, Seattle, WA 98136 or click on the following link: https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/providing-education-to-450-youths-in-ruhagarika/
Your donation will make a huge difference in the lives of Burundian communities.
General Coordinator and Founder.
Subscribe to newletter